Monday, December 1, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Our first snow - this is Sunday morning, November 30th, 2008. I must say, snow still fascinates me. It did snow where I grew up in Louisiana, but it very rare and never did last long. Snow changes the appearance of everything. At night everything seems brighter and during the day everything looks cleaner - at least for a while. There is something "romantic" about snow - it makes me feel the way the movie "White Christmas" does. And, Hoss loves it. If you listen carefully you can hear him during the above video. He is flapping his ears. Snow energizes him. He runs and jumps and eats it. And then he tracks it in the house.

There is the down side. Driving in it can be dangerous. When it starts to melt it makes a mess and it requires the extra time to dress for it. Shoveling it can be a literal pain in the back.

But, I will take the down side of snow. For me, the positives far out weigh them. And, snow always reminds me of the Scripture that speaks of the Lord making us "white as snow, though our sins be as scarlet". Snow is a promise picture.

No comments: