Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Romantic Get Away

After 28 years of marriage, my wife and I decided to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.  We did so by driving 1000 miles to Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.  This was the first time in our married life when just the two of us went on a trip that did not involve a conference.  And, it was wonderful.  We took our time driving out and with no squabbling coming from the back seat found the ride quite enjoyable. 

We spent some quality time with some friends, ate some delicious sea food (although the hush puppies in N.C. contain no green onions - much to my dismay), and visited a wonderful aviation museum - I had to drag my wife away.


The trip gave us plenty of time for uninterupted talk and some much needed relaxation.  If the Lord is willing, we plan to do this sort of thing more often.  I highly recommend it to you.

No comments: