Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Family

Brother Tim with daughter Lydia and her husband Tyler
Recently, we were blessed to have family visit.  My brother came up from Louisiana so he could go to my son's football game and we could catch up on all that is going on in each of our lives.  We spent a day hiking at Starved Rock and an evening at my daughter's home enjoying a nice meal together.  It was a great visit. 


The weekend after my brother came, my wife's parents came.  It is an 8 hour trip for them and I really appreciate them making the drive over.  We went to another football game and back to Lydia's again for supper.  It was an additional blessing to have my oldest son and his wife join us.  






I am thrilled when everyone can be together.  There is a lot of laughter and it usually involves some great food.  These visits are treasures not to be taken for granted.  Family is something that you value more the older you get.  They are a gift from the Lord.  




I am grateful for my "physical" family and I am grateful for my "spiritual" family - my brothers and sisters in Christ.  It is also good when we get together.  Like all families, we have our moments.  Ultimately, we are bound together in Christ.  This morning I read in the book of 1 Peter Sympathize with each other.  Love each other as brothers and sisters.  Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude.  May it be so.

No comments: