Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tailights



This morning I watched the taillights of the Taurus as it pulled out of the driveway and headed south. And, to my surprise, I wept. Not for the car. But for the transition. Not necessarily out of sadness but out of the change. Andrew was on his way. We have been through transitions before. The move to college, the move to Springfield as he worked on his masters. But this one, it feels different. There is a real possibility of permanence with this move, as it should be. I am very thankful for the job. I am very thankful for the move. I am very thankful for the man he has become. But, still, on this day at this hour I sense a certain melancholy. He needed to go, he should go, it is right for him to go. And, in going he grows. 6 hours is really not far. But, those 6 hours represent a real change for all of us. The Lord goes with him and before him and behind him. It is an adventure and I will be excited to see how the Lord works. Already He has taken care. Andrew plowed through a deer Sunday evening. His car may be totaled. In the mean time, we had about $700.00 work done on the Taurus the week before getting it in shape, never knowing it would be heading to Kentucky. PTL.



No comments: