Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things In The Air


I am back.  I left the blog world and moved over to the Caring Bridge world because of recent health issues.  And, it has been a whirl-wind summer.  I am still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that my two older children are married - both in unusual circumstances  and I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  All of that I will write about in this blog.  But, I also want to write about stuff I have seen in the air this summer.  I am always looking up.  It is amazing what you can see if you do.

The above plane is an Air Tractor AT502.  Better known to us as a "crop duster".  It is registered in Colorado, actually.  But it was spraying a field near my house this summer.  It is a beautiful plane - especially the bright yellow against a clear blue sky.

Watching a crop duster is like watching a private air show.  The pilot dips and turns and twists with amazing dexterity.  And, it is pretty exciting to see a plane that low that close. 


Looking up helps me keep perspective.  It can also be pretty entertaining.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Why are you so fascinated by things in the air? How did that start? I like flying things, but they all wear feathers. - Larry