Monday, January 18, 2010

Every Day - More Light

Whatever the weather we weather the weather whether we like it or not!  So goes a bit of doggrel about enduring the weather.  The last few weeks have been difficult.  First there was the bitter cold and now the dark, dismal clouds that refuse to lift. 

But, to cheer myself up, I remind myself that every day we are adding minutes of daylight to the length of the day.  I don't think I could survive in those parts of the world where the sun sets and does not rise again for weeks and weeks. 

It is not that I don't like the dark.  But, I hate the gloom.  A day or two of it is not bad.  But when it does not lift for days and then weeks - it is disheartening.  But, I hang onto hope.  The sun is shining above the clouds.  Spring will come, Lord willing.  And, while I may have to deal with dismal weather, my complaining becomes hollow when I think of the horror of Haiti.  In fact, the suffering taking place in Haiti puts much of my complaining into perspective. 

1 comment:

Larry said...

We don't have much more light, but it was warm enough (60) to play golf yesterday and today.