Thursday, August 23, 2012

For the Birds

The Lord told us to be bird watchers.  We are to observe the sparrows and from them learn lessons about God's care for us.  Birds are fun.  Like humans, they tend to come in all different shapes and sizes.  I try to provide food plots (wildflowers and bird feeders) and water so as to attract birds to my yard.  I am delighted when we have yellow finches stop by.  They seem particularly attracted to our sunflowers.  



We also have doves dropping in for visits.  They like to park on this wire in the backyard.  I love the sound of their "cooing".  It is rather melancholic.

  



And, we get hummingbirds.  They make me smile.  The honeysuckle brings them in as does the butterfly bush.

All these birds are gifts from the Lord to remind us of His creative power, His love of beauty, and His daily providential care.  Do some bird watching these late summer days.

And, take your camera when you do so.  I photographed all these in my yard - birds can be shy so you may need to be sly.

No comments: