Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Let It Rain!


We were delighted last evening to look out and see a rainbow.  Rainbows are free pleasures - God's gift - a symbol of grace.  I took this picture at the end of our street looking west.  Rainbows mean rain and the rain did and was falling.

We have a greater appreciation for rain these days.  The drought has made us (me?) take it a lot less for granted.  The rain falls on the just and the unjust says the Scripture.  And, the drought also comes to the just and the unjust.  I don't know that I understand or can explain the why of either.  This summer, some folks have gotten rain that others could only see from a distance.  You cannot lasso a rain cloud and pull it over your farm.  


There is something refreshing about rain.  It seems to cleanse the air and the earth.  There is a certain smell that comes with rain and the reduced temperatures are nice as well.  I hoped it rained at your house.  And, I hope that I am more conscious of rain in the days to come.  It is a blessing from above for which I want to offer thanks.

No comments: