Friday, November 13, 2009

Trying New Things



Skyline Chili. I was in Cincinnati, Ohio this week. Well, actually I stayed in Hebron, Kentucky which is just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. My reason for being there involves a rather long story. Regardless, I was there with friend and I had been told that I must try the Skyline Chili. Skyline is a chain of restaurants. Their chili is well known because of the "secret" recipe. I do not know all that was in it, but I do know it has cocoa and cinnamon. Cocoa and cinnamon sound good, but not necessarily together in a bowl of chili and cheese. But, it was surprisingly good - different - but good. It is good to try new things. We all get stuck in routines. Care must be given to not simply use boredom as an excuse to indulge sin. But, there are plenty of things out there that we can try that are different from our norm. Here is an example, I use to love to make mayonnaise sandwiches and dip them in chocolate milk. Don't knock it till you have tried it!

Next time you are near Cincinnati - try the Skyline Chili. Or, if you are really adventurous, try a mayo and chocolate milk lunch. Yum!

1 comment:

littlea said...

sounds yummy... all of the recipes you find online for steak-n-shake chili (my favorite) include cocoa and pop.