Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Advertising and Gravesides - Driving and Funeral Processionals

I am sometimes shocked at how unashamedly people advertise.  Perhaps the worst example I have heard of - yesterday a gentleman told me that following an internment (burial) a representative from the graveyard stepped up and began to advertise their services to those gathered.  Hmmmm.  Tacky or Whacky? 

While I am at it - frankly - it always aggravates me how people no longer pull over for a funeral procession.  There are times when people should not - it is too dangeorus.  But many times, people refuse because they don't want to be bothered.  It might make them two minutes late.  There was a time when more respect was shown.   People even use to remove their hats.  Now they are too busy talking on their cell phones to notice or care.  I have seen cops stop and get out of their cars and stand at attention.  That is nice.  By the way, someone from a funeral home told me it is currently illegal to pass a hearse that is in a funeral procession.  But, it does happen.

No comments: